Points Toward Health
This exercise is for the activation of the body’s own energy systems. This particular one has the greatest impact upon the healthy functioning of the lung & large intestine.
Flying Twist Pose
1) With your knees gently bent, stand with your legs hip-width apart. Bring your hands up behind your head and interlace your fingers.
2) Draw back your elbows to open your chest.
3) Twist your torso to the left as far as feels comfortable.
4) Gently press the back of your head into the palms of your hands, and inhale, expanding your chest and lungs.
5) As you exhale, raise the heel of the right foot so you can twist more deeply into the left side. Hold this position for a few breaths. Remember to keep your elbows back.
6) Return to the center and repeat steps 1-5 for the opposite side.